Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saving a Wordle

I have been trying to figure out how to save a Wordle on a PC so my students can upload it to Glogster or their wiki page. I finally have it!

1. Use the print screen button to take a screen shot. (Press the print screen button once)
2. Open Paint and click edit paste to insert the screen shot into Paint.
3. Use the dotted rectangle crop tool in paint to capture just the Wordle.
4. Click edit - copy.
5. Open a new Paint document.
6. Click edit paste.
Now..you now have an image of just the Wordle.
7. Save the image as a jpeg.

Now you can upload this to a wiki or to Glogster.
I did this on the second day of school with my students. All 29 of them and me in the computer lab, and it worked just fine. I will post the directions on our class wiki so they have them for reference the next time they wish to save their Wordles.

No comments:

Post a Comment